Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going from sand to snow

The last week of my life has been full of sun, 85 degree weather, turquoise waters, and soft sand. If I could picture a beach wedding, any of the beaches that I visited would have been perfect backdrops. The highlight of the vacation was snorkeling around the cutest sea turtles in the middle of the caribbean. They even got so close that I was able to pet a couple of them! I had a whole week away from phone calls, the internet, and the daily routine of life. Some people would want to stay on vacation forever, but believe it or not, I was actually really glad to be back in Boston. As soon as I came back on Sunday night, I happily checked through emails, responded to new inquiries and invitation requests, and scheduled a few client consultations for the very next day.

a few days ago...

and last night...

Being away from it all really made me realize how much I love the business, and how lucky I am to be able to have something in my life that I'm truly passionate about. Even with the snow and drastic drop in temperature, it feels great to be back home and get back into the daily grind. Isn't Boston beautiful at night?

~Emilie

2 comments:

Moni said...

Glad you had fun on vacation. The blue waters and white sandy beaches does make for a picture perfect seaside soiree.

Anonymous said...

Emilie - you are so fortunate to do something you love so much and are so good at! And of course when you do that the mullah will come! Very very happy for you - we all "aspire" *wink wink* to live a fulfilling dream like you =D Amy