Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Menu cards for the guests and the kids!

When it comes to food, some wedding venues definitely rise above others. I was fortunate to have some of the best wedding food I've ever tasted at my venue, Veronique Ballroom. Longwood Events has multiple venues, including Veronique Ballroom and the State Room. I had previously attended weddings at the State Room, and the food was phenomenal, so I knew that since the menus and chefs were the same, the food would be just as good at Veronique!

With great food, comes beautiful menu cards, right? Of course! I was very happy with our hand-picked five course meal, and had to make sure that every guest had their own menu card to read. These menu cards were tucked into each dinner napkin, and were made of a pearlescent metallic white card stock, backed with a metallic crimson card stock. Each menu card had six hand glittered orchids, and was personalized with our names and wedding date.

I also wanted to make sure that all guests took advantage of the full open bar, so at the bottom of the menu card, there was a line that read: All beverages at the bar are complimentary all evening. Please help yourself!

In addition to the menu cards for guests, I wanted to do something special for the kids. I created separate kids menus, that were tucked into the dinner napkin of each kid's place setting, along with a box of crayons, and a coloring book. For these menus, I used a cute handwriting font in multiple colors, and tailored the menu just for the kids!

I think the kids menus were such a cute touch! If you are interested in menus for your wedding or event, please email me at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com.

~Emilie

No comments: