Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Simple Moss Ring Box

When thinking of ring pillows, usually you think of white satin or lace, with a little bow on top. Because of no white flowers, no white candles, and no white aisle runners at my wedding, I automatically wasn't thinking of a white ring pillow. I wanted something to go along with the branches and moss elements of the wedding, but didn't want my nephew (the ring bearer) to carry rings on a stick either.

I was walking through the aisles of Michaels when I came across their premade wooden boxes. They have all shapes and sizes, and I found this little wooden box that would fit in both of my nephew's 5 year old hands perfectly... all for only $1.99. Along with some moss, super glue, chocolate satin ribbon, cardstock, a hole puncher, and tape, a ring box was created.

Here was the start to the ring box, with ribbon tied to a piece of punched cardstock that is glued to the bottom of the box. Then moss is gradually added that is held together by some super glue.



In the end, here is a photo of the finished product in the ring bearer's hands, taken by the talented, BKB Photography.


If you would like help with some creating projects for your own wedding, please contact me at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com!

~Emilie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks gorgeous! I can't wait to get married, Pink Orchid Weddings all the way =)

K said...

I came across this other site that specializes in invitations and thought you might wanna check out what they do:

BLOG:
http://ephemerablog.wordpress.com/
WEBSITE:
http://www.ephemera-press.com/index.html