Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wooden Card Box - Stained and Mossed?

Another one of my wedding projects was the card box. This was an item of the wedding where I didn't really know what I wanted until I saw bits and pieces while walking through the aisles of the arts and crafts store, Michaels. The main theme of the wedding was lots of branches, orchids, and moss, for an earthy feel with pink flowers everywhere. So in one aisle I passed by these great little storage chests that opened on top, in another aisle, passed by the block letters, and in another aisle, passed by the moss. I love it when I can visualize a great idea. I almost hear a "ding ding ding!" go off in my head, and I was so excited to start!

A dark wood stain for our intials, a light wood stain for the chest and then varying darker stains added to give it a distressed look, moss in strategic places, and 4 tubes of superglue later... the wooden card box is complete! Pictures (click to enlarge) are located below:








If you would like help with ideas for creative projects for your own wedding, email us at info@pinkorchidweddings.com!

~Emilie

No comments: